Recorded name in outgoing voice mail message

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oiuh151, Oct 22, 2011.

1. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

When someone used to call me on my old phone and I missed the call they would hear the outgoing message and my name. Now what people hear is the outgoing message and my phone number.

Is there any way to fix this back to what it used to be?

I'm on Verizon.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just hit the Greeting button under the voicemail tab and record a new message.

3. oiuh151 thread starter macrumors 6502

So does that take up the entire outgoing message or just my name?

4. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Have you gone into Phone>Voicemail>Greeting and selected "Custom" and created your greeting?

5. oiuh151 thread starter macrumors 6502

That replaces the entire outgoing message when all I want to do is replace the phone number with my name. Is there any way to do this or is the entire outgoing message the only way?

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

You need to create a new outgoing message. Not that hard...

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

As far as I know, the greeting is the only custom thing you can do.

8. oiuh151 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't want to create an outgoing message. I want to it to work as it did previously where they had a pre-determined speaker that said "We're sorry, ____ is currently unavailable, please leave a message after the tone."

Where the underline is the only part that contained my voice and therefore my name. Currently it either only says my number or if I set up the greeting it does not have the pre-determined speaker and jumps straight to me talking.

Ok, I just wanted to know if that was the only way to do it.