Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reg88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I need to record an upcoming WebEx session and I am going to use screenflow to do it. Is it best to record the video directly to an external drive (I have a USB3 drive) in the interests of sparing the read/write cycles on the iMac's internal hard drive?

Thanks.

Nov 28, 2010
located
It does not matter, and ScreenFlow writes to a temporary file at first before saving the project, thus there seems to be no option to change the location before that.
1 hour of video shan't take more than 10 GB, probably more like 1 GB, anyway, thus your SSD does not get damaged, if that is what you worry about.

Reg88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
It does not matter, and ScreenFlow writes to a temporary file at first before saving the project, thus there seems to be no option to change the location before that.
1 hour of video shan't take more than 10 GB, probably more like 1 GB, anyway, thus your SSD does not get damaged, if that is what you worry about.

Ok, thank you.

Nov 28, 2010
located

Eat your words, you idiot. (let's see how many reports this gets, probably none, since this is a low priority thread)

MR2ss_2013_04_24_pA1_ScreenFlowChangeCaptureScratchDisk.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.