Recording a video

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by riklar, Jan 16, 2010.

1. riklar macrumors member

Hello,
    I want to record a video of an event, a long one.
    Me question: to how long the battery of the iphone will last when recording the video without any break. Of course the recording of the video will start with a full charged battery,.
    TIA

2. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    never done a long clip like that, but I have used the video camera a lot..... i bet you wouldn't get more than 45minutes continuous and i don't even know if that long of a clip is allowed ...........
    you'd also probably need 2gb of free space on the phone also......

why don't you just turn it on and test it out?......

3. CCRGMac macrumors newbie

Using the battery meter in Appbox Pro, I currently have an 80% charge which it says is equal to 8:00 hours of "video/game/app" time so 100% should be 10 hours. I have no idea how they calibrate this meter but it has estimtaed times for a bunch of actions from 4:00 hours of 3G talk through 24 hours of music to 240 hours of standby.

PS I just realized that this doesn't say if that's 8 hours of watching video or recording it...

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I doubt that's recording video. Recording video drains the battery surprisingly fast. If you want to record a video over an hour and a half (assuming you have ample free disk space and the iPhone allows a video that length) you should get an external battery that you can plug it into. Also, if you get a phone call during the video, the recording will stop and you won't have a continuous video anymore. To avoid that, turn on Airplane Mode. That will also conserve battery.

DPA