Recording CDs in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iaddict, Mar 24, 2009.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

I am having trouble with the sound of CDs recorded in iTunes. They sound kind of like they're in a tunnel. What are the best settings to have iTunes on when recording and also importing songs. Some songs have been purchased through iTunes while others were directly imported from CDs that I currently have. I just don't seem to be able to find a great way to record these.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

For the best quality of songs imported from CD, go to Preferences, then Advanced and Importing. Choose Apple Lossless as the format. You'll have to reimport all of your music from the CD in order to increase the quality.

If you want the same quality as ones bought from the iTunes store, then choose AAC 256Kbps.

3. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

which one gives the best sound?

Apple Lossless or AAC 256Kbps? Thanks for your response.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Apple lossless will give the best sound. It is the same quality as the CD, only compressed to save space.

5. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple lossless....

So, if I have songs from CDs along with songs that I purchased from iTunes, will they sound the same when I record a CD if imported in Apple Lossless or is there something that I should change when I rip the CD in order for all the songs to be at the same sound level, etc?

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Using Apple Lossless, the songs you rip/import from CD will sound better than ones bought from the iTunes store. You can't improve the quality of the downloaded music.

7. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502