Recording feature in Microsoft Word for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shondiva, Sep 24, 2011.

1. shondiva macrumors newbie

Hello :)

I'm a novice, and I've been dealing with a little issue/bug in my microsoft word program(s). I have microsoft office 2008 and 2011 on my macbook pro. I use the notebook layout in the word program to take notes in my classes. I started using the recording feature in the notebook layout during some of my classes, it really helps. Lately, when I select the button to record, the pinwheel spins and stays that way. I have to manually re-boot my macbook. I've already re-installed Microsoft office 2011, it started to work and then a couple of days later it started getting hung up again.

I'm a graduate student, and I really like the feasibility of recording my lectures and taking notes in the same program. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this issue, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    S.

2. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

I use Growly Notes for a lot of organizing and my personal journal. It has both audio and video recording capability, and you can put text notes onto the same page as your audio recording.

Now, I do not think it has the same (neat) capability as MS Word in Notebook mode, where the notes you've typed during the recording can go to that section during playback. I would get into the habit of typing in the timecode (e.g. 14:30) and then note that part of the lecture, so you can reference that part of the recording later.

Still, Growly Notes is pretty free-form, versatile, and best of all free.