Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotpace1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
UK
So, is there any way of recording on a Mac the music that you stream over wifi on an iPhone 3GS? I have just downloaded an iPhone app that connects to one station, but its a station I don't know how to find through my Mac so I need to know if this can be done?

I'm kinda thinking does something exist like Airfoil, but in reverse. Instead of sending music from a Mac to an iPhone, doing it the other way round. Or with cabling of some description.

Hope I've explained that okay!

Cheers.

dlemmon

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
denver, co
So, is there any way of recording on a Mac the music that you stream over wifi on an iPhone 3GS? I have just downloaded an iPhone app that connects to one station, but its a station I don't know how to find through my Mac so I need to know if this can be done?

I'm kinda thinking does something exist like Airfoil, but in reverse. Instead of sending music from a Mac to an iPhone, doing it the other way round. Or with cabling of some description.

Hope I've explained that okay!

Cheers.

here's a pretty easy, but time consuming way. if you have an audio interface, that would help. if not you should be able to connect the headphone jack via a cable, to the mic or line input of your mac. play the stream and record it on the mac in garage band or logic or something like that. if you do it mono(line in or mic in jack) the quality will be pretty bad. my guess is the quality will be bad regardless though since it's an audio stream.

there are probably other ways to do this, but this is the first that popped into my head. sorry the "instuctions" aren't very clear, I haven't tried this, but it should work if you set it up right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.