Recording in iWork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yooper39, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Yooper39 macrumors newbie

I'm using Word 2008 for taking notes and recording lectures, but it crashes frequently. Does iWork offer the same functionality (note page with recording audio) that MS Word for Mac provides? Thanks :)

2. Yooper39 thread starter macrumors newbie

Trying again

Does anyone know the answer to this? No one at the Apple store knows either.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Hm, a look at Pages '08 and Google brings up nothing, so from within the application, I would say no. However, you can run Garageband, Quicktime, or, better yet, Audacity (small app and free) at the same time as Pages and deliver more or less the same functionality, at least by inserting the recording into the Pages document when finished (the .mp3 or whatever appears as a sound icon that you double-click to play). I haven't used the feature in Word to know if its functionality extends beyond this, but then, I don't take my Book to class. Cheers
    Edit- I've forgotten my sarcasm. Do the employees/ Geniuses at the Mecca not know of the website Google? Clearly not. This distresses me. (You should've seen the sales rep's face when I asked to buy replacement install discs.)