Recording internally

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Tech198, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Tech198, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all..

I know and use Audacity on mac to record from external sources, but te feature to record to internally (aka , internet, streams etc) only available for Windows version..

On Mac, i tried Soundflower, and while it works with Mavericks, (after getting past the "security certificate has expired" warning), it did work with Quicktime, but I hear pops.

Any other free open source software i could try ?

I was also thinking firing up a VM and running Audacity under Windows, but dunno weather that would work.

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I have been using Piezo. You can record up to 10 minutes for free I think, but I bought a license for $15.

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

A cable that connects the output of the audio interface to the input works. It seems silly but analog links work without software.

4. tjgonzo macrumors member

tjgonzo

I use Audio Hijack, it works great! Very high quality and lots of options. The free version only allows for 8 minutes for a single recording but, you can start the recording over again and use the program to it's full potential.

5. Diastro macrumors member

Diastro

Be mindful of feedback loops. This could cause damage to the audio components.

6. sherryspencer7 macrumors newbie

Piezo suits best for this purpose. However, it requires a license costs 15$. It can record freely up to 10 minutes.

7. gannonsamuel macrumors member

Pops and clicks could be due to trying to record at a different sample rate in audacity to the one of whatever your playing...

most internets things are gonna be 44.1Khz you'll have to check quicktimes