Recording iPad GarageBand Demo with QuickTime

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HoosBruce, Feb 12, 2016.

1. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

I have a specific question, and I'm not sure where this belongs but here it goes:

I am trying to record a demo of using the new GarageBand Live Loops feature on my iPad by using the QuickTime recording option. I know how to make it to where it captures the sounds I am making on my iPad and properly recording the music I am making, but there is an issue here. I am unable to hear exactly what I am doing myself. I cannot plug my headphones into my iPad and hear what I am playing or allow the iPad speakers to emit any noise either. My MacBook Pro will record the sounds and include them in the video recording, but it does me no good if I can't hear what is going on while I am doing it.

Does anyone know what I am referring to and have a solution for this? I am open to suggestions and workarounds for this, as I am new to doing something like this. Please help!

2. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

I think you need to install something like LineIn on the Mac, which enables sound playthrough from the input.

3. HoosBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

I appreciate the response but I don't think that solves my problem. If I am connecting the iPad to the Mac via lightning and the audio is being recorded to the Mac I don't see how this would allow me to be able to hear the audio while recording. I am trying to be able to record the audio to the Mac while also being able to hear what I am doing through headphones.