recording lectures at uni

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thebrain74, Jul 16, 2007.

1. thebrain74 macrumors regular

Ok I just got my laptop por collegio and I was testing out the voice recording feature in Word's notetaking section. I was using the internal mic (which I believe is located below the left speaker grill...is that right...) and I noticed that since the in. mic is so close to the keys that while recording voice/lecture, that keystrokes are very loud. I was think that some small external mic (on a goosneck, perhaps?) would help distance the mic form the keys and improve the recording quality. I tried using the mic from the XtremeMac micromemo (it has a reg. 3.5mm headphone jack on it) but the mic wouldn't show up (yes I went to sys prefs and adusted for line in). Any suggestions?
    thanks in advance for your guys (and girls.....if there any here) time and effort

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

The MacMice MicFlex might be what you're looking for. It is a USB mic on a flexible goose neck and has very good quality for the price. I ordered mine from Mac-Pro.

3. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

This may not be the answer but in my uni, many people record to their ipods. (i.e. mic attached to ipod).

4. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

You should be warned that many professors will not allow recording of their lectures. You should always ask if it is OK, first.