Recording Lectures with iPhone 3G Voice Memos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dilbaggins, Jan 13, 2010.

1. dilbaggins macrumors member

I was just wondering , for those college students out there with an iPhone, how much of a quality is the recordings of lectures via iPhone Voice Memos? Do you guys save the lecture files on your computer HD? In a standard lecture hall, does the lecture appear faint when heard on the iPhone and is the iPhone able to pick up the voice of your professor well??

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

well i am in middle school so i wouldnt know anything about college, except that its just another 4 years of your life wasted, but the voice memos works perfect on my 3gs, i can hear myself loud and clear. my friend turns it on every time he gets in trouble when he's in the principals office, and shows his mom when he gets home, lol.

3. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

My 3G did fine if I was sitting in probably the 5th or 6th row (from the front), but after that it was horrible at catching the prof's lecture. Just so long as you're close-ish to the front, you'll be fine.
    I always synched it back to my computer, then just deleted the file after listening a few times and studying off of that.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Remember to ask for permission from the professor.

5. bajntime macrumors newbie

There is another problem with recording lectures. If you are a recording a lecture and you receive an incoming call it will end the recording even if you do not answer the call. It gives you no warning that it has stopped recording. The only solution I came up with was to put the phone into airplane mode before starting recording. Which of course causes the problem of not being able to tell if you are getting a call.