Recording Live Streams

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by msindt19, Sep 15, 2011.

1. msindt19 macrumors member

msindt19

I'm not sure where to put this so I figured I couldn't go wrong with Community Discussion.

So I want to record (preferably for free) Premier League and Champions League games from Live streams on ESPN360, or other live stream sites, because I am usually at work or sleeping (7:30am games on Saturday don't mix well with my weekend plans). Does anybody know a good application/program that I can download to set up auto record for live stream sites? Or even one that I can wake up and hit record, then roll over and go back to sleep?

Thanks in advance for any possible solutions.

2. Mickey8297 macrumors member

Mickey8297

3. msindt19 thread starter macrumors member

msindt19

Thanks Mickey...I was looking more for Video recording, sorry that I didn't specify in my initial post.

I found something called Media Catcher but I could only find a download for a Windows compatible version.

I was hoping someone on here had a free method so I don't have to give up $$$ that I'm currently lacking. I could always pay for a proper cable TV setup with at least Fox Soccer Channel but I'm looking to save bucks.

Thanks again though.

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I'm not sure whether VLC will do it or not but you could try that. It can open and play live streaming video if you have the right URL for it.