Recording music on my Mac

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
164
0
Anyone have any suggestions for the best program to record music into my mac. I want to take music from some old cassettes I have and record them into the mac and then transfer them to CD's. I have the tape player hooked up thru a receiver/amp but need a good program to make the input as easy as possible. I have used audiocorder in the past but it doesn't seem to work too well any more. Thanks for your help!
 

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
3,038
13
I used CD Spin Doctor that came with Toast to digitalize my old cassettes. It just needed a lead from my stereo's headphone socket to my iMac's input socket. No amp. And very easy to use.
 

calculus

Guest
Dec 12, 2005
4,510
4
MrSmith said:
I used CD Spin Doctor that came with Toast to digitalize my old cassettes. It just needed a lead from my stereo's headphone socket to my iMac's input socket. No amp. And very easy to use.
I use this for vinyl and for tapes. Works very well for both.
 

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
164
0
I have Toast version 6.0.5 and I can't seem to find Spin Doctor. Is it part of Toast or an add on???
 

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
3,038
13
BLDun said:
I have Toast version 6.0.5 and I can't seem to find Spin Doctor. Is it part of Toast or an add on???
It should be in Applications > Toast > Additional Software. Possibly when you install Toast it asks if you want the other stuff? I can't remember. I have Toast 7 Titanium and that's where it is on my machine. Presumably you've done a Spotlight search, so I'd check the install disk.
 

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
BLDun said:
Anyone have any suggestions for the best program to record music into my mac. I want to take music from some old cassettes I have and record them into the mac and then transfer them to CD's. I have the tape player hooked up thru a receiver/amp but need a good program to make the input as easy as possible. I have used audiocorder in the past but it doesn't seem to work too well any more. Thanks for your help!

On a long shot, I typed in "audio recorder os x" into google and found this.

doesnt' get much easier than that.