Recording on a CD-R disc more than once

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Salmar, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Salmar macrumors regular

I was directed to the apple website for information on how to burn a multi -session CD. Well on the website it only shows for (Mac OS X 10.4) for Tiger and under. My question is will the same instructions work with Leopard 10.5.6?
    Thanks for a reply....

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Had you just tried it, you'd know by now :)

3. Salmar thread starter macrumors regular

But then again, why try an unknown when it may screw something up?

4. JohnMC macrumors 6502

5. Salmar thread starter macrumors regular

It's better to know if something works or not beforehand! Should I play around in terminal also if I don't know what I am doing???????? Ya know these forums are why people ask questions to get informed answers not try your luck and see what happens!!

6. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Your worried about wasting one blank CD-R. Aren't they like 10 bucks for a stack of 100 these days?

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You might also like Burn (or possibly purchasing Toast). Burn in any event is free and makes some of these burning options less cumbersome than they are by default in OS X....

8. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

If you took that attitude all the time you'd never ever do anything without double checking it via this and other forums!
    And in thsi case its obvious to anyone but a brain dead wombat that the only thing it could possibly screw up is a 10cent CD , its not like the OP is asking if he should do rm *.* or somesuch.

"Try your luck with a 10cent CD?"

Jeez, go for it , live dangerously.

9. Salmar thread starter macrumors regular

My question was simply would it work with Leopard. A simple YES OR NO answer would have sufficed or even an "I don't know"! I didn't ask should I try it and see, I just wanted a knowledgeable yes or no answer.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You've been given that, so why come back and try to pick a fight with people?

11. Salmar thread starter macrumors regular

Mohan, not trying to pick a fight with anybody, but just a simple yes or no or a maybe to my question would have been enough. I am fairly new to Macs so I just wanted to be careful and not mess anything up. By the way I do have both burn and toast which you suggested in your earlier post on my computer. Toast is very good and I've used it quite a few times. I appreciate your post. Thanks