Recording on Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by exupery, Aug 18, 2015.

1. exupery macrumors member

exupery

How can I record sounds from a video on Youtube? I have an IMAC running 10.9.5

2. Squirkytunkle macrumors member

You could use a youtube to mp3 convertor like this one:

http://www.youtube-mp3.org

Just add the url of the youtube video to one of these pages, and it will give you an mp3 file of the sound part. Some of these are quite pesky with very annoying, persistent popups. The one above is not as bad as others, however, it only allows for 10 or 15 minute videos. If your video is longer you could use of the many other youtube to mp3 sites listed on a relevant google search.

3. exupery thread starter macrumors member

exupery

Thanks. I will try it. I really just want the sounds of airplane engines to use in a simulation.

4. Squirkytunkle macrumors member

It'll do things like perfectly fine. I use for odd sound sources for sound design purposes. I just have to be make sure to give credit or ask for permission for doing so, if needs be.

5. exupery thread starter macrumors member

exupery

I am using the engine sound from a WW I airplane to add realism to a plane I am creating in X Plane flight simulator which I will be uploading for free use by anyone who wants to use it. Will add the link to the Youtube video where they are stariting the engine.