recording problems with garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thejedos, Dec 20, 2008.

1. thejedos macrumors newbie

Hey, I just got my new macbook with garageband and I’m all ready to start recording. I’m poor, so how I’ve always recorded before with my previous PC was to plug my amp or keyboard directly into the “line-in” with a 1/8″ adapter. I’ve never had problems until now with my macbook. I was able to get it all working and even recorded 2 guitar tracks, and when I was going to attempt a third, there was only a consistent thumping coming through. I’ve tried and checked everything I can think of… but now whether Garageband is open or closed all that the computer gets from plugging my adapter in is that consistent frequency with no sound at all from my guitar. I would just figure that the computer has rejected my method or equipment… But it worked twice! What’s going on?!!! Anyone have any ideas, or faced a similar situation? I really want to get started with this awesome program!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Under the Sound preference pane in System Preferences, is the input device set to "Line In" and the volume at a reasonable level? You can do a microphone check using the "Input level" indicator.