Recording problems :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gillboyswims96, Apr 15, 2010.

1. gillboyswims96 macrumors regular

Well, I got my macbook about 6 months ago, and now there is a whole bunch of problems with it... and it is stressing me out..

Some of the problems are cracks (I know that this isn't the place for that, I am just saying), and then some have to do with recording video.

1. Thing is whenever I record in iMovie OR PhotoBooth, there is a really annoying high pitched screech in the background.
    2. Whenever I record a video in PhotoBooth, and lets say this video is 2 minutes, it only record about 8 seconds.

I feel like I should have gotten a PC...

anyone know how to fix these issues?

2. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

1.) Check the Microphone level. Make sure anything "magnetic" is not near the mic (screen). Also make sure there aren't 2.4ghz or 5ghz (wifi) devices next to your Mac. Turn the TV off if it's on in the background.
    2.) Did you check preferences? are you low on hard drive space? did you upgrade your hard drive to a 7200 RPM one?

I haven't checked recently, but there may be 3rd party software that you could try (whether freeware, shareware, demo/trial) to see if there is a hardware issue going on.

Why get a PC? just install Windows via bootcamp. Bootcamp has drivers to allow your iSight cam to work under windows. May also be a good way to test the hardware.