Recording Sound

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ben3001, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ben3001 macrumors newbie

Hey,

Im into online gaming, and with the team we have a lot of discussions on the PS2.

What we want to do is start recording these discussions and post them on the net.

We communicate through a USB headset. Is there a way that i can record the talk going through my headset on to my mac?

Thanks

Ben

2. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

You need to be much more specific as to exactly what you are doing and exactly how everything is set up and exactly how you access the internet and exactly how you hear each other, etc. When we know all that, we can offer you a solution.

But yes, any sound that goes into or through your Mac can be recorded with many different programs.

3. ben3001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I was very vague,

This is an online gaming for the PS2, where i connect through a router. To communicate to people i use a USB headset which connects to the PS2.

I was wondering if there is a device that acts as a USB splitter, that allows you to connect the headset to, so you can put one end of the splitter into the console, and the other part into the Mac.

I would then need software to record the audio.

Hopefully thats more specific, i can do a diagram if that helps

4. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

I have no idea if there are USB splitters. I do not know how you could record this without the audio going into the Mac.