Recording stuff from internet TV?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Spikeywan, May 17, 2014.

1. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

Hi Guys,

I'm in an area that I know so little about, that I may be asking the wrong questions...

I have access to BT Sport, but only via the internet, so I can't use my HDD recorder.

I like watching the MotoGP qualifying, but BT Sport only show it live. They don't repeat it, or have it on-demand. Actually, even their on-demand race coverage is really cut down, so I'd rather record the race, too.

I tried going to the web page, making the programme full screen, and recording it with QuickTime, but the quality wasn't good, and it picked up every sound in the same room as my Mac as well. And I had to be there when the programme started to kick it off.

Is there something that I can set up on my mac which will go to BT Sport at the appropriate time and record the programme for me?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Correct me if I am wrong but recording internet content without the providers consent is illegal and by providing you with information on how you may go about doing this, I would be breaking MR rules. So unless what you are doing is perfectly legal, no one here can really help you…

3. Spikeywan thread starter macrumors 6502

What's illegal about it?

It is broadcast on the TV, so you can video it to watch it later. That's all I want to do. It's just that I can only get access to watch it on-line, as I don't have the TV equipment.

4. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

If you have a Sky / Freeview / Virgin box & a BT broadband subscription you can view / record it with them.

Also yes, ripping stuff of the web like that is against the ToS / illegal so I doubt anyone here will post instructions how to do it since they're risking a forum ban, if that REALLY is all you can do though, Google will help you I'm sure.