recording to mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ATLMacUser, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ATLMacUser macrumors newbie

I have a digital voice recorder and would like to record contents onto my Mac. The digital voice recorder has a stereo jack which I'm guessing would plug up to the mic input on the mac but after that I'm a clueless...

thanks...

2. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Audio Hijack Pro (shareware around $15-$20 American) can probably do it.

It can record Audio from applications, or just record system audio.

I use it to record system audio from youtube videos whenever I want a certain song.

So far I just got a few Live Nightwish songs, and a techno song created almost entirely from gun sound effects from Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warefare

Saves me the trouble of downloading it, then stripping the audio, and saving it. I simply record it, and import it into iTunes.

3. nanvinnie macrumors regular

there's always garageband...

4. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Hahaha I forgot about Garageband

Yeah, open it, and use that to record from your microphone line. It should work fine for anything connected to the line-in, or the built-in microphone if you have one. I used to use it with an external audio device that I could run audio signals through. I purchased Audio Hijack Pro because it did the same thing, but much more efficiently.

As for actually hooking up to the mic port and recording, it should work fine -- that's how people get voice onto podcasts (if it's not already there).

5. ATLMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

6. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

7. ATLMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

I DLed Audacity... is there a way to record to MP3 I think it defaults to WAV which are huge... this is just simple voice I'm doing.

8. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

You need to add the optional LAME encoder library to export as mp3 with Audacity