recording video off the internet

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by donc17, Sep 27, 2009.

1. donc17 macrumors newbie

I want to record videos off youtube, mash them up and make my own videos on ivideo. What program (free preferebly) would allow me to do this?

2. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

I don't believe there are any programs to record off youtube. you will need to capture the entire screen I bet

3. samiwas macrumors 65816

What I use is a component of RealPlayer called RealPlayer Downloader...it runs in the background (if you ant it to), and any time it sees a downloadable streaming video, gives you the option to download it. Pretty swell.

There's also a pluigin for FireFox, but I forgot what it's called.

4. wesrk macrumors 6502a

using safari, do command+option+a and you should see the the activity window, look for the one that's being loaded and double click it, that should start downloading it in its flash format
    if you want to convert it to another thing, then use visual hub or some other software of your liking.

5. donc17 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks , after its recorded on safari, where does it get downloaded to?

6. tdotto macrumors member

Videobox

there are several, however I use Videobox

hxxp://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/videobox.html

7. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

Theres a firefox add-on called VideoDownloader. It works on pretty much any flash-based video site (MegaVideo & all its subsites, YouTube, Vimeo, VEOH, etc). I would not use RealDownloader, because it is complete crap, and downloads to Real's propritary format. VideoDownloader (which is an add-on, mind you, not an app) downloads in .flv and .mp4 so far that I have seen. Makes really great when Flash decides to crash firefox, because the download takes seconds, and you can watch via your favorite app, not some flash interface...:D:cool:

8. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

Assuming you're on Leopard, the downloads folder. It'll probably be named 'video.flv' or 'video.mp4'. For a short-cut you can click the little magnifying glass next to the item in Safari's downloads window and it'll open a new Finder window with the video file highlighted.

9. donc17 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

Tiger or earlier or non-Apple? I would use the firefox addon i mentioned earlier because its not OS dependent...