recording w/Garage Band 6.0.4 need sound help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jlj, Jul 13, 2011.

1. jlj macrumors newbie

I am desireus of recording my electric/acoustic guitar and need a usb sound card, or pre amp to go into Garage Band, I have not heard good things about M-audio stuff or any other unit, doesn't Apple make a externa usb sound card/pre amp

If not, are there any recomendations under 199.00 and SIMPLE

thanks in advance

jlj

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

"are there any recomendations under 199.00 and SIMPLE"

Are you limited to USB only, or do you have firewire available?

If you have it, firewire is a better "way to go".

If you must use USB, check out the Presonus "Audiobox":
    http://www.amazon.com/PreSonus-AudioBox-USB-Recording-Interface/dp/B00154KSA2

If you have firewire, I'd recommend the Echo "AudioFire4" (it's a little more than $200 new, however).

There is a good primer on interfaces in the "digital audio" forum right here on MacRumors.

You should also check out gearslutz.com ...

3. churchilldj macrumors newbie

Hey

hey there guys i have a small problem here, i recorded a 2 hour set in garage band and some times i have no problem in exporting it into iTunes, however just as many times i have problems with listening to it once completed, it is showing in the levels at the beggining of the instrument lane, however no sound is coming through my studio headphones and when its exported it has no sound in iTunes, could some one help me to sort this out so it does happen in the future aswell