REcording with a Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Algalli, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Algalli macrumors member

Hi

What are the latest thoughts about the ability to record sound on a Touch without modifying the hardware. I really want this capability on the IPod I will buy in the next few weeks. I don't care about VOIP I just want to use it as a recorder.

I know this was discussed back in November. I was hoping for some new breakthroughs

Thanks

Al

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

3. Pickoff macrumors member

I dont think that there is even a mic.... How is it going to be possible without pluging in something?

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Impossible. No built-in microphone. The Touchscreen Samsung P2 has a mic, and it can record from it's FM radio. There is a firmware update coming up that "might" add voice recording. You can get a P2 in 2,4,8,or 16gb versions. the 16gb and the 2gb are hardest to find. The 16gb just came out and isn't everywhere yet.

If you do a Google search for "MP3 player with voice recorder" you might find what you're looking for. The "AnythingButiPod.com" site has info and forums about almost every other MP3 player out there.

4D

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I would think since there are accessories for other iPods to do this very thing, that you could do this on the Touch.

6. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy