Recording with external mic and GarageBand

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bubba Scruggs, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Bubba Scruggs macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to record with an external mic and GarageBand but GB only records through the isight mic.

I've followed the instructions and gone into my Preferences and set the mic to external mic, and while in Preferences if I speak into my mic I can see the proper levels, but GB doesn't seem to take notice.

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple, but I've only had my MacBook for a month. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

2. Jearl macrumors newbie

When you open a new Real Instrument track make sure that the monitor is switched to "ON".

3. Bubba Scruggs thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the response.

Turning the monitor on just gives me a whole lot of feedback, and I can tell it's the isight camera mic thats still doing the listening.

In Preferences I can select external mic, and I can see the levels just fine when I talk into the mic. GB just isn't going for it.

4. Jprice02 macrumors newbie

you have to go to garageband preferences and i think it says midi or something on the top. click that and change the output to the mic you want. if thats not it then...ill think of something else, but i think its it