Recording with the IPOD touch (This is not about Skype)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by izlear, Nov 19, 2007.

1. izlear macrumors newbie

Hi, I find myself faced with a delima. I am finally going to break down and get an Ipod and it seems to be a great time to do this. I am stuck though One of the things I really want to do is use it for recording and podcasting and such. As far as I can tell there is no mic accessory for the Ipod touch and I can not even find if there is the ability to use such an accessory. I have no interest in using VOIP technology with it. All I want to know is if it is possible to record onto the device. If not then I will go with the Ipod classic.

Thanks for any feedback.

2. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

No it isn't.

AFAIK you can't do that with any ipod - they only have playback facilities (certainly my photo didn't and I don't think they added it any time). For recording try something like an iriver.

3. izlear thread starter macrumors newbie

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/earphones_recorders/micromemo_video/index.php
    I'm refering to an accessory like the Micro memo that can be added to the Ipod.

not a feature built into it. What I want to know is if it is possible for a third party to create a porduct such as this or the italk for the Ipod touch?

4. TheDPR macrumors member

There were several external mics/recorders available for the classic iPods. It is only a matter of time before they become available for the Touch, IMO. It might be that they already work on the touch, but I haven't found anything via Google, so it might not.

5. defaliz macrumors newbie

for sure you can !
    someone has fixed a microphone on iod touch and tha't works :

http://touchmods.blog.com/

you can installed vrecord.app on ipod touch, i did it,
    now i am going to buy ipod connector and testing with microphone...