Recording with USB 3??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheShinyMac, Apr 14, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I want to record and edit my Xbox 360 gameplay, the item I want to buy says it uses USB 3. My macbook pro has an expresscard port do they make adapters for the expresscard that are compatible with macs? Also http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/quality/ that is what I want to use to record my gameplay since I use Component HD. My question about the recorder is can I record and play at the same time on my tv or is there a way I can split the signal from my xbox? Sorry If this doesnt make sense I rushed this!

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If it's component video your after skip all that nonsense and go for the HDPVR. USB 2.0, does component and optical, no hdmi.

The intensity solution is nice, but we don't know if the few UsB 3.0 expresscards out there support os x. HDMI input is also unusable for this purpose because vendors cannot legally sell solutions that get around HDCP that's built into game consoles and cable boxes (amongst others).

To answer your last question, the HDPVR Has passthrough capability so u can hookit up to your tv. It's notorious for lag so don't expect to be able to game on your mac.

3. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Thanks Eddy, so there is no lag when it runs back into my T.V.? I thought this was better because it was less expensive but I guess I will buy the HD PVR

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Yeah there shouldn't be any lag as i'm told its a straight passthrough with no intervention on the hardware (basically like a splice in the box itself).

For what its worth the guys I see who do Modern Warfare Videos on xbox through Machinema use the HD PVR.