Recording YouTube vid?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jvencius, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jvencius macrumors regular

1st: YES, I did search and as a result I tried Vixy.net and Keepvid.com--neither worked for me.

Is there a better app than the two previously mentioned apps to record YouTube videos? If it's only a few bucks, I wouldn't mind but free is mucho better-o.;)

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

4. jvencius thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks (to both of you) for the info. If I use Miro, how do I export the clips to iTunes so that I could watch them on my iPod? I tried using the "Import" command in iTunes, but I don't know where to look for the videos and searching for the title of the video I downloaded didn't help...

I tried cut-and-pasting the YouTube URL into Squared5 but I kept geting an "Unable to Open File" error message so I haven't been able to use, or even try, that app yet.

5. NightLord macrumors regular

Can I suggest Tubesock? It costs $15, but it's a brilliant program and automatically puts your videos in iTunes

6. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

i like using FLVR which is a plugin for safari.

7. Porco macrumors 68020

Porco

Safari>Activity window

double click the big file loading that has 'getvideo' in the name usually to download, use iSquint or whatever to convert or just rename with an .flv extension and play in VLC.