Recover a Recorded Video on 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orange42, Oct 19, 2011.

1. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I recorded a pretty awesome video that I need this past weekend with the 4S and I deleted it by accident in iPhoto before and by accident, something I never do using iPhoto, I chose to delete originals. I have the video on my computer but it's too big to email, and I have it in a text message I sent someone so I just resent it to myself, but now the quality is all tiny and crappy.

1. Why does the quality of video messages turn to crap when you send them to other iOS users?
    2. How can I get it back to it's original good quality on my 4S?

Thanks

2. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Do you have a flash drive? You could just copy it to that?

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If it's an HD video on your computer your only choice is to treat it like any other hollywood movie you have. Put it in iTunes and sync it to the phone's 'Video' application.

It's not a 'home movie' anymore, as far as iTunes is concerned, but rather just "a movie."

4. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I do, but how would it get back to my iPhone from a flash drive...?

I've never really messed with adding videos to iTunes because of having to convert them and what not. Can I just drag this one into iTunes and then it will sync? Or do I need to convert it somehow?

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Just drag it into iTunes. It'll show up in the 'movies' section. Then you have to select it in the iPhone area and sync the iPhone. Same as music, just with movies.

6. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't think it was that simple. Great, now I can get some of my old 3GS videos on there too. I'll do it when I get home. Thanks.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is an extra step, but I like to right-click the home movies I put into iTunes and change them to a 'TV Show' with the season number being the year.

This means all my movies are gathered into yearly groups instead of just being randomly strewn around my movie folder. It's a lot easier to deal with them.

I really wish iTunes would add a 'Home Movies' category outside of movies and TV shows (and import iPhone videos to THAT instead of iPhoto), but this is the next best thing.

8. orange42, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a