Recover All iTunes App Purchases

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ACiB708, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ACiB708 macrumors regular

Hi all, please help me, long story short I lost all my iPhone purchased apps, and I no longer have my iPhone. I did not lose all my songs because I had them backed up, but my apps are all gone. My mac's hdd failed so i bought a new one, bought SL, and installed. I activated my account on the machine and it said it was already authorized. But how do I recover all my apps?? Thanks in advance.

2. broken-chaos macrumors regular

broken-chaos

You might be able to re-download any apps you have purchased without paying for them. I have not tested this with paid applications, but with free applications it does not go through the "Purchase"-like process if I've previously downloaded them - it informs me I'm already authorized and asks if I'd like to redownload them.

I suggest attempting it with a cheap application you know you've purchased, in case I'm wrong. I make no guarantees about being right here...

3. KiDFuZioN macrumors newbie

You can do the same with paid applications. As long as your using the same account you will be able to redownload applications for free. It might ask if your sure you want to buy it but when you hit yes another prompt should come up saying you already purchased it and ask you to redownload again for free. Heres the page on Apple explaining it, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

4. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

you can re-download apps for free; I've done it before. I think its just songs and movies that you can't do this for.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Don't have much to add on this, but I suggest using Time Machine now that you have 10.6...

6. RainbowOfBeans macrumors member

RainbowOfBeans

Help

I also have this problem but would take forever to redownload all the apps, i was told apple can just setup all those apps to ur downloading que like when u click on check for purchases area.....any ideas??? Thanks