Recover contacts and calendar from iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sijmen, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Backstory:
    After the Leopard upgrade failed, I did a clean install, trusting my backups. For some weird reason, copying back the Address Book app support dir and preferences did not restore my contact list. Same deal for iCal.

Is there a way to recover my contacts and calendar from my iPod touch which still has them intact?

2. realmcenter macrumors member

When you connect your iPod to iTunes the first time and you have contacts and calendar syncing enabled, it should ask if you want to merge or overwrite the entries on your iPod. Select merge and it should work fine. I managed to sync my address book and calendar on my iBook with the entries I had originally synced from Outlook that way and there were no issues.

3. Sijmen thread starter macrumors 6502a

That gives some hope ;). One thing though: I did restore iTunes backups, including prefs etc. So according to iTunes, this isn't a first time sync. Should I still be fine?

4. Sijmen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just held my breath and synced.

First, I had to manually enable sync of contacts, calendar, and photos again. The latter didn't work because my iLife 05 library didn't seem to get recognized.

At sync-time, iTunes noticed that a large change would occur in contacts and asked for confirmation - and I was delighted to see that the proposed operation was to add 80 or so contacts :) same deal for calendar.

Happy Ending :D