Recover corrupt files from an external drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mrlocalhost, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Mrlocalhost macrumors newbie

long story short - was tinkering around in ipartition over the weekend, and i believe something may have gone wrong in ipartition, because i kept getting an error message in OSX when i plugged in my external seagate drive via usb stating:
    and in Disk Utility:
    so i attempted to back up my files off the drive, but all the files seemed to be corrupt or something, so i panicked and ran diskwarrior instead of going back to ipartition and attempting to recover the drive in there. DiskWarrior sort of "fixed" the problem by making the error messages go away in OSX and in Disk Utility, but the files on the drive still seem to be corrupt giving me such errors as:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The disk is currently partitioned as Mac OS Extended, but maybe i could run it though some recovery programs via bootcamp/macdrive or maybe even in some sort of linux live cd?

I would really appreciate any tips or advise on any way to attempt to recover any of the files!
    Thanks in advance!

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Disk Utility can only fix basic problems. I suggest Disk Warrior. However, your files may have been "tinkered" beyond any program's ability to fix them. Good Luck.