Recover Data From a Micro SD w/ "Memory Card Error"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by barr08, Dec 30, 2008.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Hey all,

I have a Canon A710IS that stores info on a micro SD card. I am now getting an error every time I start the camera which reads "Memory Card Error". I think the micro SD card is busted, though it might be the camera itself, I haven't checked with a different micro SD card yet.

In any case, it seems like the SD card is the issue, and there are a few pictures from a vacation I took over the summer that I would really like to recover. Is there any way that I can do this? A quick Google search here at work came up a little short, and I don't really trust random apps I can download for windows.

Thanks for looking, and happy holidays!

2. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I've had very good results so far with this app and recovering deleted files from various memory cards:

http://www.objectrescue.com/products/photorescuepro/

It was pretty inexpensive at $29 and saved my butt when I really needed it. I had tried a similar OS X application (sorry, can't find the name right now) that was very buggy with the trial mode, so I didn't bother with it. I wasn't able to find too many OS X options while the market is saturated with ones for Windows.

Good luck -

Wayne

3. LenBonacci macrumors newbie

4. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Great, thanks guys. I will try these when I get home.

5. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

I'd very highly recommend Klix from joesoft. Only needed it once (bad CF card), but it worked perfectly.

6. Larasavy macrumors newbie

Memory Card Errors need to get removed from the files. For the lost files of camera you can use photo recovery option as this can make a great recovery of files. Having Digital Picture recovery can let recover the image files soon with you.
    My friend had used it and successfully get the pictures back. You can too try with it and make a recovery of images from the memory card also.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have this program (windows side, didn't have a Mac side when I first learned about them)

http://www.r-studio.com/

They are great. They cost a little more but the so far have not let me down! I have recommended them to several people and they have had great success also.