Recover deleted aperture originals

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jfoley89, Jul 27, 2014.

1. jfoley89 macrumors regular

So I deleted my aperture library by mistake, I was wondering if there was a way to get the original NEF files back, I don't care soo much about the edited photos or the organised events and such, I would just be happy with the originals so I can at least start again.. Is this possible? If so, what would be the best program to do the job?

2. arncalars, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

arncalars macrumors member

I think you have to relocate the original raw files from within Aperture in order to extract them from the library.
    If you have a Time Machine backup you can bring back the library.

I use Aperture, but downloaded Lightroom 5 a week ago and are now creative cloud member.
    I will continue to use Aperture alongside Lightroom.

Regards Lars

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you used Aperture with referenced files then your RAW images are still on your drive. If you used managed, and you deleted the library (and emptied the trash) then your entire library with the master images are gone :(

I hate to state the obvious, but you didn't back up your library?

4. arncalars macrumors member

From reading your earlier posts, I can see, that you set up Time Machine last year. If you still have that drive, you might be able to find your library - open Aperture and relocate your original raw files to new suitable location.

Excuse me being nosey :)

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Aperture has is a Vault feature that does backups of the Aperture library. You can restore the Aperture library from a Vault backup or from a Time Machine backup.