Recover deleted files from a pc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Dec 19, 2011.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

I have a dell laptop that had some files deleted by accident by a coworker. I'm wondering how I can recover it with my mac? any program that I can use

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Why not look into recovery tools for the laptop? (assuming it's Windows)

3. simsaladimbamba

4. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes, they are well gone from the recovery bin, however not much has been written on the drive since, so I am hoping it has not been written over

5. Dhelsdon, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

A great one is Virtual Labs for windows/mac, it costs money but it works amazing!! You buy a quota (ex: 1TB) of recoverable data and then you can use the software for up to whatever you decide to purchase. My work has purchased 1TB quota and we've barely scratched the surface on that amount.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Unfortunately I cannot recommend any data recovery program for Mac that will recover NTFS or FAT volumes. Cleverfiles claims to allow recovery of NTFS and FAT on Mac but I never heard of them before nor used their products. So you would have to find that out yourself. They probably have a limited trial.

I'm a fan a Nucleus Kernel myself. They are the most robust solution I have found in data recovery. They also offer software for just about any type of device or file system. Unfortunately they only offer Windows software.

Looking at the User Guide only HFS and HFS+ are supported file systems by the Mac version.