Recover deleted video from jailbroken iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wolf202, Nov 21, 2008.

1. wolf202 macrumors newbie

K so I was at a bar and I videotaped(with cycorder) a 50-70 person brawl and near the end a bouncer saw me and took my phone I had to wait around for like a half hour and they refused to give me back my phone unless they watched my delete the video. The video showed the bouncers practically killing a guy 5 on 1 usually I would let it slide and not post it or anything like that but I'm pissed that they stole my phone and made me delete my own property. Is there a way to recover the deleted video?

-wolf

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

It is possible, not likely you'll succeed.

I recovered deleted/corrupted video this summer.

You'll need to be able to mount the drive and get raw access to it (Like with a hex editor) then look through all your "empty space" for data that's not 00000000000's. When you find that look to see if near the top of the raw data you see mp4 or m4v or something. Then copy all that data and paste it into a new raw hex file. Find a working video file and copy the header information from that one and paste it over the deleted one. Save the hex for the deleted file as OMGSUPERCOOLFIGHT.m4v and save it. Victory!

I dunno if you can get access like this to the phone, I did it with a compact flash card.

You have almost no chance if you have recorded anything since.

3. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Next time delete it with MobileFinder -- which just moves it to a trash folder, from which it can then be recovered.

4. wolf202 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, I will do that, hell next time I'm going to stream live with qik. can't wait to see their face when i say the video isn't on the phone it streamed online.

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

First post was on Nov 21, 2008
    The thread is FIVE years old! What the?!?!