recover iPad Notes data?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jwflutterby, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwflutterby macrumors regular

Here's the situation, helping someone with their boss's iPad 2 running iOS 4 something and wanted to update to iOS 6. It had not been synced with a computer in their recollection. Downloaded iTunes and plugged iPad into their computer. They were "driving" and there were pop-ups letting them know it wanted to encrypt the backup that they kept clicking through. It asked for a password and they entered mismatching passwords (I could see the second try was shorter than the first try) but they clicked on past that. Before I could say anything the iPad was updating. Of course when the update was complete, all the data was gone. Tried syncing and it didn't ask for a password or anything this time and backed up the newly wiped device. I tried looking in the iTunes backup folder, nothing older than the backup done after the update.

Of course there were super important notes that the boss really needs on there that are now gone. Are there any options for getting these back? I know the current Notes app lets you sync with like Google, was that even an option back in 4? Of course they probably were not using it if it was an option but it might be a ray of hope that they were using it by accident. I'm open to ANY ideas on how to get these back :(

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

In 2010 when I was using iPhone 4 (and currently on iPhone 5), my iPhone/iPad Notes are also synced to Google Notes as soon as a Note is created or modified. In Google, Notes is listed in the left sidebar with Folders in Gmail. Look there, and good luck!

3. techbul macrumors newbie

If they selected sync notes when they set up their email accounts they should still be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.