Recover Me!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ditchr, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ditchr macrumors newbie

So I have an iPhone 3g, ios 4.1, non- jailbroken. My friend was messing with it and tried to reset it but ended up putting it in recovery mode. I have combed the internet and tried the following to exit recovery mode:

iNdependance
    TinyUmbrella
    iRecovery
    RecBoot
    iLiberty+

None have worked. For RecBoot, iRecovery, TinyUmbrella, etc, I have followed the steps and my phone does what all the guides say its supposed to but always come back to the 'Connect to iTunes' screen.

Restoring is not an option as I have many pictures on my phone that are not on my computer.

I am in a state of desperation at this point. If anyone has ANY ideas on how to recover me, all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Try using i-Funbox. I used that when my iPhone4 was stuck on the Apple logo- it managed to read the filesystem and I successfully transferred all my pictures back to my computer. I had to restore it in the end though.

If your friend tried to restore it though, it might have already been wiped and you would be SOL.