Recover OSX Lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lawrencecraig, Jun 22, 2012.

1. lawrencecraig macrumors newbie

Hi,

Looking for a little of expert help. I was trying to partition part of my hard drive on my 13" MBA from a windows partition. When I restarted my MBA and pressed the ALT key, only the windows partition appeared. I booted into the partition and even though the partion tool states that my OSX partition is "Free Space"/not there, I can access and copy from/to the OSX partition in windows.

What I believe has happened is that maybe the partition tool has deleted the bootloader for OSX? It has also deleted the recovery HD. If so, does anyone know how to recover OSX Lion? Or do I have to perform a wipe and install? I do have Snow Leopard disks.

Thanks for the help!

Lawrence

2. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

have you tried booting into restore mode by pressing cmd R on boot? Otherwise if you have deleted the recovery partition try to get access to another mac/ pc and download lion (mac using mac app store/ torrent on pc) and create a bootable dvd and see if you can install lion from a dvd. Otherwise you may have to take your mac back to apple to get them to fix it.

3. lawrencecraig thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. I tried CMD+R and CMD+Opt+R but neither worked. Think I will try download and create a bootable DVD. If not, I will wipe clean, install a copy of snow leopard I have and reinstall.

Thanks!

4. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

if you already have a snow leopard disk then you can just use that and later upgrade. You don't have to use a lion disk, a snow leopard dvd will be just fine.