Recover Password for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by plgk, Dec 27, 2011.

1. plgk macrumors newbie

I'm trying to recover the Windows password on a MacBook Air running boot camp.

I have tried using Ophcrack, which I can get to run properly by booting the MacBook from a disc drive (by holding option key), but Ophcrack can't seem to find the partition that Windows is installed in, and therefore can't find the password location.

I think the problem may be that the computer itself never gets into Windows mode, so I want to modify the BIOS within a Windows startup, to get it to boot from disk. But it seems that Macs don't have a BIOS at all, so I'm at a loss.

Is there any way to start the MacBook in Windows and make it boot from the boot disk? If not, is there another way to recover the Windows password?

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

No BIOS.

Try getting an external drive ( superdrive ) or get an windows install disk burned to usb drive.

Shutdown and get external connected and hold opt key when rebooting. Keep holding it ... other stuff besides mac os x and bootcamp partition will show up eventually.