Recover Pics from Watered down iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimmiller962, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jimmiller962 macrumors newbie

So, I get my wife a new iPhone a couple of months ago...she loves it! Easy config, simple to use, it's something she actually uses!

Last night my kid dripped several drops of his popsicle into the top of it, voila, no more workie. I pulled the sim card, it was sticky inside. The device doesn't even act like it wants to turn on, and plugging it in produces squat! Make that less than squat. Ugggh :eek:

Anyway, Apple confirmed the phone was pregnant by checking the EPT marker inside. Bummer. Warranty gone, no more iPhone.

Long story short, she took lots and lots and lots of pics of the kids at the beach last week, but didn't sync before it died last night. Double Eeek! So, my desperate question to the masses out there...is there any chance of recovering the pictures from the dead device? Is the flash memory in a state in which I could take it apart and read it from a different device on my laptop? Is there any hope of retrieving the pics from her sticky iPhone?

Thanks, any thoughts, suggestions, or creative ideas are most definitely welcome!

-Jim

2. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

I wouldnt want pics of my kids that ruined my phone, lol.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

there is no way of doing it yourself as the interface for the flash memory is not standard (as in say a usb connection etc), apple may do something, or a professional recovery service should be able to do it - it just depends how much you are willing to pay to get them

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

How good are you at desoldering surface mount chips, resoldering them into a test harness and reading them directly? Because that's what it'd take..

If it doesn't switch on at all it's hosed. If it switches on at all you may be able to get a last sync out of it.

Two lessons to learn here... 1. get a cover so next time the phone is somewhat protected (given that you can't really control what children do), 2. sync every day or at least every time you want to keep something.