Recover Saved EMAIL Password?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hotlips69, Nov 9, 2015.

1. hotlips69 macrumors newbie

hotlips69

My iPhone 5S automatically logs into my hotmail account when I open the standard email app, which has been fine until I now need to also login on my laptop, but have no clue of this e-mail password as it was setup many years ago by someone else.

The standard hotmail recovery option is no good as it's only got my old friend's e-mail address as the backup & I'm not in contact with them anymore.

This password is obviously saved in my phone, but I'm hoping there maybe an app or some other clever way to find out what it is?

I've been reading about revealing Safari & Chrome passwords with ease, but I'm pretty sure the built in e-mail app is not do with with Safari or Chrome?

This is my business e-mail address, so setting up another one is not an option & I have no idea whatsoever what the current password may be as I didn't set it up!

Please help!!! :(

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

First, my disclaimer is that I've never had to do this so I have no idea if it will work. It is conjecture but has a chance.

Try turning on iCloud Keychain syncing on both your iPhone and your Mac, if it is a Mac.

Then, on your Mac, open "Keychain Access" (in Applications>Utilities folder) and see if you can view the password for hotmail in the iCloud section.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Unless you can get hold of the "friend" I do not see how you could recover your hotmail password.