Recover WPA-key from iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Neman, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Neman macrumors newbie

I wonder if there's anyway to get a already typed in WPA-key from the iPhone. In OS X all you need is your admin password to get it from the keychain? Is there a way to get it from the iPhone.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I remember someone did post on here about how to do it, but I don't remember the details.

I know that's not helpful, but I just post it to encourage you that I think there is a way.

Did you use the same network on your Mac ever?

3. Neman thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I also recall seeing this somewhere. I think it was a WEP password though. I believe that, that member was using OpenSSH to get the passwords.

David

5. Neman thread starter macrumors newbie

Been searching for that thread for a while now without success. Link someone?

6. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Sift through my posts. I know I posted on that thread.

David

7. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

mhhh i just tried looking through your posts but couldn't find anything related to this. I'd be quite interested if there is a way to recover them as well, similar to the "show password" option in os x.

cheers,

fabian

8. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Sorry that you couldn't find anything. I'll try to find it on my own in Fugu and post the extension.

David

9. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Thanks Dave, that'd be much appreciated.

10. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Sorry guys, I cannot seem to get that keychain off the iPhone via SSH and Fugu.:( I did find a folder that is labeled Keychains. It has two documents in it but I cannot open them so I don't think there is an iPhone keychain that us users were supposed to ever get ahold of.:(

David

11. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

too bad! haha well thanks a lot for looking into it for us! :)