recovered files folder in the trash??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zblaxberg, May 16, 2007.

1. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Every time I turn my mbp on there is a folder in the trash that says recovered files...why does it continue to show up??

It has a com.apple.photobooth folder and an iphoto folder along with a growl file or something..what is the point in growl..i think it came with my adium or something

edit: no matter how much i delete it it comes back

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There isn't really anything you can do about it...it's an annoyance that Apple reintroduced awhile back. Here is their support document on the issue.

Edit: Missed it by that much...

3. zblaxberg thread starter Guest

zblaxberg

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Is it so hard to do it yourself? It's normally not even 100 kb of temporary files.

5. zblaxberg thread starter Guest

zblaxberg

the problem is doing it every day...its just a major annoyance because I don't keep my mbp on all day therefore I have to delete the temporary stuff like 2-5 times a day

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You don't have to delete it you know.. you can just leave it there until you actually need to delete something.

7. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

No you don't. Just do what most people do and empty your trash once a day. Or once a week. Or when you need to free up the space.

8. xxxzombie macrumors newbie

my temp files are always from itunes. it doesn't crash, but i've only noticed this after i've installed CoverSutra. i quit all programs just to be sure and restart, and i still get them in my trash. any ideas?:confused:

9. nslyax macrumors regular

You could restart less. Just put it to sleep rather than shutting down?

They are generally cache files that are no longer needed.

Would it be possible to write an Automator script or AppleScript to empty the trash, then set it to run at every login?