"Recovered Files" folder in trash at startup, every time

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by ideal.dreams, Jun 28, 2017.

1. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Just bought a new MacBook Pro and got everything transferred over from my old MacBook Pro. I didn't do a Time Machine restore because I didn't want anything to get transferred that didn't need transferred, so I started fresh in that sense.

Now every time I boot up, there's a folder in my trash can called "Recovered Files." I understand this is a normal part of macOS and it did happen to me before eon my old MacBook, but it hasn't happened in a long time.

I keep my trash can empty so it's annoying to see something in it every time I boot up. Is there any way to see what is responsible for the dumping of these recovered files? How can I stop this from happening?

Any help is appreciated!

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

What is inside that "Recovered Files" folder?
    There should be, well, recovered files of some kind :D
    That may help you decide why you see that folder again each time you reboot.

How often do you need to reboot? Outside of required restarts when installing software updates, I may reboot every month or two.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Might be a good idea to run Etrecheck and post the report here. Someone might see a clue in that.

4. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

I get these recovered files too. I just remove them completely. So far there has been no issues with doing so.