Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunrobby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
Indonesia
Im a first Mac user, why everytime i shut down my MBP, and when start it again, there are files inside the trash, it's one folder of com.apple.photoBooth and one file FrontRowExportPlaylist.xml?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I wish I had a good answer to the that question but I don't. I've been using Macs for a loooong time, and even in the Classic OS things like this would happen.

Bottom Line: Is that the files are nothing important, and most of the time they are preference files that end up "Recovered". Just so you don't lose sleep over it all.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Mac OS X 10.4 Help

A folder called Recovered Files appears in my Trash

One or more Recovered Files folder may appear in your Trash after restarting your computer. The recovered files are temporary files used by Mac OS X applications. Usually temporary files are deleted by an application when it no longer needs them. If an application quits unexpectedly, the temporary files may not get deleted by the application. When you restart your computer, Mac OS X moves these temporary files to the Trash.

You can retrieve useful files by dragging them out of the Trash. In most cases, however, the temporary files are not important and it is safe to empty your Trash. Check with the manufacturer of the application if you are not sure.

BTW, this was usual behaviour under Mac OS 9 and earlier, and was re-introduced with Tiger... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.