Recovering Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by VinWin15, Dec 16, 2010.

1. VinWin15 macrumors newbie

Ok so here is my stupid question of the day. I sold my 2nd Gen iTouch last night for a 4th Gen. I had backed up and restored to factory settings my 2nd Gen on prior to selling it and was going to do a restore on the 4th Gen once I got home from the store.

When I go to sync and update this morning my fantastic computer now has the Blue Screen of Death and I can only boot in Safe Mode. Although I can open iTunes in Safe Mode any type of sync on the new iTouch is not possible.

My question is there a way to recover the Apps off of iTunes. I know I do not have re-purchase them, just re-download, but this is more work then I was hoping to do tonight / tomorrow, this weekend. Music and movies I have backed up on my external drive so its a easy fix if I re-install windows, which seems more and more like the best option the more I get try and resolve the BSOD.

Any sugestions for a quick work around would be great - If not I know my project this weekend.

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

On Mac your apps are stored at ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications.

Assuming your are talking about a Windows BSOD it should be something like /Users/"whatever"/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications.