Recovering Bookmarks in Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VelvetElegance, Apr 18, 2013.

1. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

Hi. I'm trying to see if there is anyway to recover Firefox bookmarks. While troubleshooting a conflict on my machine with MacKeeper, I discovered it was making Firefox hang, so I was trying to uninstall and then reinstall it. In the process, of course I lost all my bookmarks. I do keep a backup of my HD on an external drive, but I do not use Time Machine. Is there a way I can go into my external drive to retrieve my bookmarks and if so, where should I look? The applications folder?

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

It depends what you backed up, as the bookmarks are stored inside Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Application Support / Firefox / Profiles / and not in the Applications folder. If you have backed up the Library folder, you should be good to go by simply copying the Firefox backup folder to the internal HDD into the same location.

And keep away from using MacKeeper, CleanMyMac and all the other ****ware.

Articles explaining why Mac OS X does not need maintenance software like CCleaner, MacKeeper or CleanMyMac:

3. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

Are you sure about that exact path? I followed it up til Library. In my Library folder, all I have is a folder for Fonts or something.

4. simsaladimbamba

Pretty sure:

[​IMG]