recovering contacts, notes, text messages etc

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sansinger, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sansinger macrumors newbie

Good Day All,

I was updating and installing to iOS4 when my iphone 3G suddenly says it can't read my sim card and was locked. On my iTunes screen I was told I needed to insert a SIM card in order to continue with the installation of the iOS4.

I used my friend's SIM card and my iphone was able to detect it however my itunes would only allow me to the option to restore my iphone which i did and now all my camera roll, notes, contacts and sms are gone and the backups in my iTunes are all post-iPhone-crash.

please help. these contacts are very important for me.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Restore from a backup.

Edit: Didn't catch the backup were all post-crash.

3. Davvido macrumors regular

Davvido

If the backup is gone/corrupted, then there isn't a way to restore it.

4. COBRASVT macrumors regular

Mobile Me contains a certain amount of data...contacts for sure...can't remember what else.

You can also choose an older back up to restore from in iTunes. It wont be as current of course, but you wont loose everything.

Go to Edit / Preferences (CTRL +) / Devices / Pick the last back up available.

5. sansinger thread starter macrumors newbie

where can I find Mobile Me? I'm using a Macbook.

Tried backing up via iTunes but these 4 backups are all corrupted and have the same timing which was post-iPhone-crashing.

SIGH

6. COBRASVT macrumors regular

Unfortunately, if you haven't signed up for mobile me, you wont have anything stored there as you wont have an account or access. :(

me.com is the site though....

7. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

If you set up Time Machine on your computer, you should be able to restore the iPhone backups to a date from before they became corrupted, and then use the restored backup to restore your phone.

Not perfect, and you'll lose recent changes, but it beats nothing at all.