Recovering deleted messages and bypassing the 4 digit code.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphonesecurity, Dec 30, 2009.

1. iphonesecurity macrumors newbie

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum. I have a situation concerning my son and I need some technical advice.

I have a suspicion my son is doing drugs. I'm worried, hes keeping to himself and hanging out with new kids and has been hiding stuff from me. Every time I ask to see his phone he deletes all his texts, ect. Is there anyway with just using the phone alone, I can recover texts? Also he has a 4 digit PIN number on his phone is there anyway I can get threw this? I'm just concerned and don't want him thinking that I'm violating his privacy if hes really just being a normal teenage.

Thanks in advance,

-Mary

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Basicly no to both questions Mary.
    Once he deletes them theres no way to undelete them and with the pin number the only way to remove or bypass it is by restoring the phone thru itunes and thats a long process.
    How about trying talking to him in order to get some answers to your questions.

3. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Ditto. +1

4. iphonesecurity thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response.

I have tried, he gets very annoyed and is short with me.

I heard you can get a device were you can read a SIM card to get data? I'm not sure if that's true or not.

5. jakewhitlatch macrumors newbie

nothing you're looking for would be found on the SIM if you had such a device.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

On the iPhone nothing is saved on the sim, not even contacts.

7. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

When I first got a cell phone when I was a teen, I had a pin lock on it. My mother tried to go through my phone saw the lock, and told me I either take the lock off, or I won't have a phone at all......I took the lock off. I have seen monitoring software for about $100 bucks somewhere online for the iPhone. It installs something on the phone and will send all his text to you as well. I can't remember what it was called.

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you have another iPhone you could restore it from his backup that would give you any txts he didn't delete before backing up. Other than that you could have his hair tested for drugs ;)