Recovering Files After Sent to Trash

Discussion in 'macOS' started by THA4, Oct 31, 2010.

1. THA4 macrumors newbie

I NEED some advice....

I had about 40 short videos on an SD card and I thought I copied them to their appropriate file. Well, incidentally, I didn't get them copied, and I went to clean off the SD card. I selected all the files, and "moved" them to the trash.

I did not empty the trash, but I opened the trash and they are no where to be found....

I was curios if my MacBook Pro might send those types of files to the trash in a different format, or do they send a bulk of files like that somewhere else???

Here is an example of how the files read "IM000003.AVI" the number changes with its position...

I am prepared to eat my mistake and not have those vids anymore, but I would sure like some direction if anyone has any.... they gotta be on my computer somewhere....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Thomas

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

If you put the sd card back in, are they then in the trasH?

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

As appleguy123 implies, the files should be in the Trash if you reinsert the card.

When you attach secondary storage such as an external hard drive or an SD card, the secondary storage gets its own .Trash. This is so that a) files are recoverable and b) you aren't copying trashed files to .Trash on your main drive.

When you reinsert the card, OS X merges the .Trash folders so they look like one trash folder to you.

4. THA4 thread starter macrumors newbie

YES!!! That worked, Thank you so very much!!!!!!!